I keep contemplating whether or not to do our local Drumstick Dash, a local run that benefits The Wheeler Mission, our local homeless shelter. Forecasts predict a high of about 39 degrees at start. I'm not a cold weather kind of girl to the extreme level. Keep in mind when it gets below 50, I've already gotten out the flannel pajamas and thermal underwear. Then I had a "Ah Ha!" moment, a reality check. The people that this run benefits often LIVE in this kind of weather, morning, noon and night and I'm whining about running 4.5 miles in it for less than an hour. Ok, decision made, before I change my mind again. I'm off to register as soon as I can get out of this place I call my job.
I'm thankful for:
- The house my husband & I are capable for providing for our family.
- The food my husband & I are capable for providing for our family.
- Both my husband and self are employed.
- My 3 absolutely, stunning, intelligent, gorgeous, annoying children.
- My husband!
- My 2 obnoxious little dachshund duo, Bailey & Dexter.
- The ability to run and bike.
- Our extended family.
- My mom & my mother-in-law. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here.
- My Brooks Adrenaline. :)
- My running partner, "The Stalker". Otherwise, I'm sure I wouldn't run as often as I do.
- The list goes on and on!
What about you? What are you thankful for?
Oh, if you want to find me at the Drumstick Dash, just look for the crazy chick in a parka, 3 layers of thermal underwear....you get the idea!