Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thirteen Things Thursday

  1. I did a 5 mile run last night that should have been a piece of cake.  Noooo.....I mentally had to force myself to finish and paid for it the rest of the evening.  I had the serious, overwhelming desire to vomit. 
  2. A person in my life had a quadruple bypass heart surgery yesterday.  One reason I can rationalize my lifestyle of fitness and healthy eating. 
  3. The Legacy Run 5k this weekend, affilliated with the Super Bowl, is my first run ever with one of my kids. My 14 year old, football obsessed son will be running it with me.
  4. My scale battery has died.  Quite annoying, since I think I would like the numbers.  Of course, when I'm up 5 lbs-10 lbs it works quite consistently.
  5. We came up with a more mutually amicable solution for my 18 year old daughter for Spring Break.  Previous years past has always been a family vacation, either in Florida or a cruise.  It's her senior year of high school and is wanting to do something with friends.   We'll be flying her to Vegas to visit with Grandma and her best friend.  I can definitely stomach that.  Her first proposal had me contemplating anti-anxiety meds; Panama Beach City with other friends.  Do you people ever watch 20/20 and 60 minutes about what goes on during Spring Break? Well, I do and it's enough to put a mother in a padded room just contemplating it. 
  6. I bought a foam roller about a week or so ago.  I'm consistently using it for my IT band issue.  It seems to be doing the trick.  I was scared to increase my mileage for awhile because my knee told me in his own special way it wasn't a good idea. I seem to be having minimal issues now, if not non-existent.
  7. Please tell me why 3-5 of our treadmills at the gym don't work?  It's quite annoying thinking you've found a treadmill, only to walk up to it to find the screen blank. A gym of this size and obnoxious monthly dues should not only keep all equipment in great condition, but should be applying Swarovski crystals to my membership card and Perrier should be shooting out of the water fountains. 
  8. I really...and I mean really, seriously need to kick this soda addiction. Some day....
  9. I think I heard my trainer squeaking from the front office this morning.  I think she misses me.  I have ignored her for about a week as I've focused on my running.
  10. I've finally started wearing the Brooks Trance this week that I bought back on Black Friday. I don't know what it was about them, I wasn't as eager to wear them as I am when I've replaced my Brook Adrenalines with Adrenalines.  Maybe it was the lack of color.  These new Trances are white with a just basic orange accents in the logo and the sole.  My old adrenalines have vivid pink laces and soles.  What more could a girl ask for?
  11. I'm proud of my oldest son who has stuck with taekwondo for the last 2 years and will have his black belt soon.
  12. I'm curious to see how the Super Bowl works out in the City of Indianapolis.  I'm not in any way football crazy and seriously could care less about the football itself.  I just see the traffic being a nightmare.  I'm glad I don't work downtown.
13. Me at the Bop To The Top this previous weekend.  I did the Triple Step version and did 36 flights of stairs 3 times.  Just say it was harder than I expected. 


Thanks to those who have endured reading my long, sometimes rambling blog entries, liked me on Facebook and/or have followed me on Twitter. If you have yet to do so and are a glutton for punishment, you may find me here on Facebook and/or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment